Utilities Clerk: Mary Velazquez
Fax: (417) 736-2390
It is the City’s responsibility to take waste water from homes and businesses, convey it to City of Springfield, MO a treatment plant and “treat it”.
Trash Service is mandatory. Trash Service is billed monthly and included on your utility billing.
Service is provided by Allied Waste Service. Allied Waste’s Automated Collection System makes trash and recycling collection more efficient, safe, and sanitary than bag and bin collection systems. Strafford residents are provided a 95-gallon trash cart 95 gallon recycle cart (recycling is optional) to roll your waste out to the curb on your regular trash and recycle collection day (recycle is serviced every other week). Trash is collected on Wednesdays, New Carts are delivered on Thursdays, Recycle Schedule will be every other week.
Your monthly Trash Service charges are as follows:
- Cart Service $11.45 per month
- Senior Cart Service $11.20 per month (65 and over)
- Recycle Bin at no additional charge
Paying Your Bill:
All accounts receive billing invoices at the beginning of each month for the previous month’s charges. Please pay your bill by the payment due date shown on the front of the bill.
The way you receive your bill:
Paper Bill. Mailed to the billing address you provide to us. All accounts receive a paper bill. Note: New customers if you haven’t received a bill after one month please contact your Utility Clerk.
- MAIL: We accept check, money order, or cashier’s check. Payments can be mailed to: City of Strafford, P.O. Box 66, Strafford, MO 65757
- IN PERSON: We accept cash, check, money order, cashier’s check, major credit cards, or Debit Card. Paid in person at the counter inside City Hall.
- NIGHT DROP BOX: For your convenience a night drop box is available at Strafford City Hall front door window slot. Place your check or money order in an envelope clearly labeled with your name and account number. Please DO NOT place cash in the night drop box, we cannot be responsible for cash payments due to other community groups who use City Hall. Payments must be dropped off prior to 8:00 a.m. on the due date shown on the bill in order to be processed and posted to the account that business day.
- ONLINE: You can go online to the City’s website click here to pay your bill.
Returned Payment (NSF) :
Yearly Sewer Averaging:
- The calculation is as follows: Take the first three months water consumption divide it by three, apply the sewer rate. This new charge will be what the customer will pay monthly for the year. If there is a sewer rate increase during that year the charge will increase.
New Customer Sewer Charge First Year:
Your first year of sewer will be based on your actual monthly water read, until the next January, February, March averaging occurs.
- Renters: $165.00 (Water $75.00 Sewer $75.00 Trash $15.00)
- Homeowners : $115.00 (Water $50.00 Sewer $50.00 Trash $15.00)
- Police Department: (417) 736-4000
- Maintenance Supervisor (417) 353-2450